The overarching goal of the MBS program is to create broadly educated and ethical life science industry professionals. The MBS program follows a “T” education philosophy, in that all students are required to obtain a broad knowledge of the science, business, ethics, and regulatory processes across the life science industries, but are also expected to obtain deeper knowledge in a specific area of interest.
A primary learning outcome of the MBS program is provide students with the knowledge, values, and professional skills to operate effectively in managerial roles in the biotech, pharmaceutical, and medical device and diagnostics industries. It also provides students with an understanding of the regulatory environment in which these industries operate. The program prides itself on the team-based projects that pervade the curriculum. A focus on communication and leadership skills, consistent with the learning outcomes for the program, is evident as the students are required to demonstrate both written and oral presentation skills throughout the program.
天天色综合,天天干影视These aims have been formulated into seven distinct learning outcomes:
MBS Program Learning Outcomes
- Students can communicate effectively in an industry environment composed of scientists, engineers, and business professionals.
- Students can contribute productively on an interdisciplinary team tackling complex problems.
- Students have the core business analysis and management knowledge needed for the bioscience industry.
- Students understand the business, research, development, regulatory, production and marketing functions of the bioscience industry.
- Students understand the translation of basic science and engineering discoveries into products and processes that benefit society.
- Students are advocates for ethical principles in research, development and business in the biosciences.
The MBS Program: Graduation and Retention Rates
The MBS program aims to prepare and graduate students for careers in the bioscience industries. While our goal is to graduate every student that enters the program, over the last five years we have graduated 93% of entering students on an on-time basis, meaning two years after entering the program. Table 1 displays enrollment and on-time graduation rates for the MBS program over the last five years.